Based on Ken Follett's world-bestseller, 'The Pillars of the Earth' retells the story of the village of Kingsbridge in a whole new interactive way. Play as Jack, Aliena and Philip and change the events of the book through exploration, decision-making and dialogues. This interactive novel is released in three 'books', containing 7 chapters each. This season pass includes access to all three books, which will be automatically added to your Steam library on the date of release.
12th century, England: In a time of great poverty and war, a small town begins the construction of a cathedral to claim wealth and security for its people. In their struggle to survive, lives and destinies intertwine. Philip the monk becomes prior of the small abbey of Kingsbridge. At the same time, a boy called Jack is raised in the woods by his outlawed mother. His apprenticeship as a stonemason paves his way to become a gifted master builder. Together with the disgraced noblewoman Aliena, Jack and Philip begin the construction of one of the greatest cathedrals England will ever see.
A full season of content spanning over 3 parts:
- Book 1: From the Ashes (available August 2017)
- Book 2: (available soon)
- Book 3: (available soon)
©2017, 1989 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH and Ken Follett. The Daedalic logo is a registered trademark of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. All rights reserved.
- One of the most successful novels of all time, now adapted as a three-part videogame series
- Change events from the novel and influence the fates of its characters
- Follow an epic of war, conspiracies and romance spanning over 30 years
- Three different playable characters: Jack the outsider, Aliena the noblewoman and Philip the monk
- Brings the 12th century to life with over 200 handpainted backgrounds
- Fully animated in a unique 2D style
- Optimized for use with controller and mouse
- Orchestral Soundtrack by the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague
- Full voice over in English and German, featuring Glen McCready as Philip, Naomi Sheldon as Aliena and Cody Molko and Alex Jordan as the young and adult Jack
- With a special appearance by Ken Follett as the voice of the Cantor